Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: AP Girls Poll

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    AP Girls Poll

    1. Strasburg (7) 11-0 79 2
    2. J.I. Burton (1) 9-0 65 3
    3. Lancaster 9-0 60 4
    4. George Mason 9-2 55 5
    5. Floyd County 8-2 52 6
    6. Radford 10-1 47 1
    7. J.J. Kelly 10-2 22
    8. Sussex Central 6-2 14 8
    9. Ervinton 7-1 13 7
    10. Narrows 6-1 11
    Others receiving votes: Riverheads 10. Fort Chiswell 8. West Point 4.

    Surprised to see Ervinton ranked that high.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member chaingang's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 14th, 2007
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AP Girls Poll

    didnt ervintons girls beat burton in their jamboree?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Glory_Days's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2003
    Posts
    963
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AP Girls Poll

    thats called a scrimmage....doesn't count.
    "To be the man, you've got to beat the man."

  4. #4
    Inactive Member simple man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AP Girls Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Glory_Days View Post
    thats called a scrimmage....doesn't count.
    Nice story in today's paper- Miller is very good but her team is only a step behind her. Watch out for her sisters.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

  5. #5
    Inactive Member fatherof4's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2009
    Posts
    184
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AP Girls Poll

    Ervinton is good, but they got beat again tonight by Castlewood.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AP Girls Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by pvfan View Post
    1. Strasburg (7) 11-0 79 2
    2. J.I. Burton (1) 9-0 65 3
    3. Lancaster 9-0 60 4
    4. George Mason 9-2 55 5
    5. Floyd County 8-2 52 6
    6. Radford 10-1 47 1
    7. J.J. Kelly 10-2 22
    8. Sussex Central 6-2 14 8
    9. Ervinton 7-1 13 7
    10. Narrows 6-1 11
    Others receiving votes: Riverheads 10. Fort Chiswell 8. West Point 4.

    Surprised to see Ervinton ranked that high.
    Ervinton has 2 good players and a couple of more solid role players. They are pretty solid.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #7
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AP Girls Poll

    I've seen Ervinton play, I wasn't very impressed.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AP Girls Poll

    I have not seen them this year. I wouldn't put them as a state champ contender, just a good club for this area. The Hill girl impresses me more than the Rasnake girl when I have seen them play even though you hear more about Rasnake.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •